Saturday 8 November 2008

Day 8

I swear this novel writing is making me lazy. Not in the sense that I'm not doing writing- I am, and pretty on target too. Today we start with a word count of 11700, or there aboots, which is a hundred words or so over the 1667 I'm supposed to get every day.

But this aside, I have been getting up at 11:30am.
11:30!
I know that for some 11:30 is the dawn chorus, but for me, with the usual self-control (and self-punishing nature) of a Benedictine monk, 11:30 is the height of decadence.
It has also prevented me and my lovely lady going out an a (possibly inspirational) walk down the Derby riverside for two days running.
Well, that and her work, but the point is, getting up earlier would have meant going out sooner.

The laziness may also be due to my (almost) certain knowledge of having a job next month sorting post for the Royal Mail, so my jobseeking motivation has declined. No matter!
From now on I shall behave!

I was also thinking that if this goes well, I might well try finsihing other novels in a month. Who knows?

No comments: